Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Looking at the puzzle

Recently, I have been looking at the puzzle of my life. It is easy to see "brokenness" if I focus solely on the lines that separate the pieces. I have discovered that if I squint my eyes and blur my vision a little then I lose site of the separateness and see the picture more clearly. Hmmm. By going "out of focus" then I seem to get a clearer sense of the whole. Maybe we tend to focus too much in our hurried, busy lives. Maybe we have only a narrow view of each piece and forget to look at the whole. We lose beauty and fluidity and movement when we choose to see too narrowly. We lose some simblance of control, yes, but what we gain is a peace that tells us that there IS purpose and reason to our journey.

So now the border seems complete. The framework is built and now I get to spend time finding each piece that will continue to build the greater picture. I don't have the advantage of a box that shows the whole picture. I don't even know if I have all the pieces. Yet that is part of this fun pasttime called LIFE. I have been given the gift of the search - the gift of discovery. I can't wait to see what the finished product will eventually look like.

Be blessed.

No comments: