Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Reading and reminiscing...

I was reading a blogpost tonight about a woman who found out as she entered a grocery store chain that her father had completed suicide.  In that darkest moment of her life she was recalling all of the strangers who offered comfort, solace, and tangible evidence that goodness and kindness still exist in this broken world.  At the end of the blog was a request for story submissions about a time when a stranger or someone who I didn't know well touched my life in a profound way.  The submission is to be in the form of a blog post, hence my cruise through memory land. I can't believe it's been 2 years since I posted last.  SO much has changed.  So much chaos is in my life right now.  I don't have the energy to write about it all now but I am going to make this a priority in my life.  I have let myself down quite a bit lately.  I've ignored my own self-care and reverted back to my "momma fix it" mode.  So I need this.  I need to have one space that is peacefully mineTHis .  I should probably add a pic or two to mark the passage of time:

This is the precious little boy of my earlier posts at nearly 6 years of age and his new little brother.  Yep... a LOT has happened in two years...

No comments: